Monday, August 25, 2014

My Favorite Superfood



I am a seafood junkie. I grew up with the Atlantic ocean in a short driving distance, and now live a few miles from the Pacific. Both my father and brother are fishing obsessed, and missing their fresh caught dinners inspired me to post about my favorite superfood, salmon. This fish is so nutrient dense, and versatile. Grill it, bake it, BBQ it, chill it, the recipes are endless.  My go to meal prep with my 9-5 schedule is pretty simple – some lemon, some garlic, olive oil, baked for about 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork. I bake it in bulk, and then refrigerate half of it. I use the fish as a great protein addition to salads, as it pairs wonderfully with some feta cheese and olives, and occasionally some good white wine. The health benefits are pretty spectacular- but try to stick to the sockeye as opposed to farm raised salmon for max benefits. 




  • Omega 3s: omegas are great for inflammation, brain power, and skin care
  • high quality protein without the red meat
  • heart health
  • skin care: can even fight acne!
  • high in vitamin D: we can also use a little extra D especially during the winter months- salmon contains an entire days worth 
  • contains selenium: protects skin from sun exposure 


No comments:

Post a Comment