Tuesday, August 19, 2014

All about the Macros


I have found a new bar obsession! Macrobars are my new favorite cubicle snack. The only spot I have found them at is Whole Foods, but you can also order online. What makes these bars so great?

Plant based protein
Gluten free
 Macrobiotic friendly – feeding your body nutrient dense calories
Vegan , organic, and kosher aka California friendly
 Family owned business 

The fats in these bars are derived from nuts and seeds, so they are rich in those good fats, including Omegas. Although the carb levels seemed fairly high to me in comparison to quest or other whey protein sources, the carbs come from whole grains only, so they aren’t detrimental to weight loss goals. My favorite flavor has been the cashew butter, but the banana and almond butter is a close second. I highly recommend checking these bars out.

No comments:

Post a Comment