Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Workout Jams



Ok, I'll admit it, there are some days I just can NOT find the motivation to get going. The days when going up the steps to get my sneakers on seems like a work out in itself. When there is no pre-workout in close reach, I rely on the second best motivator to get my heart pumping and legs moving- music. So, I turned to friends, social media, and added some of my personal favorites and compiled a short list of what I have found to be some of the top work out songs. Whether it's pop, hip hop, rock, or metal, these songs will keep you going that extra mile or one more rep. Because let's face it, sometimes we all need a little extra motivation. 

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (I'm from Jersey, do you really think this wouldn't be the first song?)
Eminem- Lose Yourself
Kings of Leon- Sex on Fire
Kanye West- Power
M83- Midnight City
Calvin Harris and Florence Welch- Sweet Nothing
Jedi Mind Tricks - Animal Rap (personal favorite for my hip hop lovers)
Ram Jam- Black Betty
Passion Pit- Sleepyhead
Peter Bjorn and John- Young Folks
Missy Elliot- Get Your Freak On
Guns N Roses- Sweet Child of Mine
The Black Keys- Lonely Boy
Adele- Rolling in The Deep (because we all have an ex or two)
Kid Cudi- Cudi Zone
Thy Art is Murder- Reign of Darkness 
Mac Miller- Donald Trump
Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills 
Journey- Don't Stop Believing (thanks, Dad!)
Katy Perry- Firework
MGMT- Electric Feel
Lenny Kravitz- Are You Gonna Go My Way
Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit

There is definitely no order to this selection, but find what works for you, turn up the volume, and dig deeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment