Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Tuesday Grind


I have had some recent requests to post some of my work outs other than insanity. My usual response is "I am kind of all over the place with it." The truth is you have to find out what works best for you and stay dedicated. I am not a personal trainer, but wanted to write down a basic idea of my routine. Please bare with the lingo! I don't know the proper names to a lot of the exercises. Below is a progress picture too.  Only 12 days of 80% clean eating along with my 7 days a week work out schedule and I can already see changes.


My Tuesday routine:
1st set:
20 regular crunches
10 bicycle crunches
10 push ups
repeat 4x 

2nd set: 
15 pound bicep curls 12 reps 4x
20 pound overhead triceps extension 3x
15 pound side rows 10 reps 3x

3rd set:
kettleball work- 10 pounds
weighted squats 10 reps 3x
"choppers" bring from one side floor level to other side overhead 10 reps each side 2x
deadlifts 10 reps 2x
oblique twists 30 seconds 2x

After I am done this I do a four mile run switching between a 6 mph and 7 mph pace. If I don't have the time to do both the strength and cardio I double up and do one in the morning and one at night. Try and coordinate a playlist to keep you moving and motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment