Monday, April 15, 2013

Motivation Monday!




It's Monday, I am feeling motivated and focused. Anyone who knows me knows I am a firm believer in the "work hard, play hard" lifestyle. I wanted to share a few of my favorite products, meals, and treats for the month of April to keep the happy Spring vibes, without doing too much damage to your waistline. 

  • Favorite Supplement:  

  •  I have always been a big fan of BPI products. They make some great pre-workouts, and I could drink their Blox (recovery amino acid blend) forever. B4 is a fat burner, and usually I am not one to promote weight loss pills. But, this one I use mostly has a pre-workout. Taken 20-30 minutes before a work out, this supplement is a great source of energy without giving you the jitters and added chemicals that are in some pre-workout powders. As a fat burner on non-training days, I prefer it over others because of it's dopamine effects. It keeps me in a good mood, without the heart palpitations. If you do decide to give this product a try I recommend skipping on the coffee. One pill delivers the same caffeine consumption as three cups.

  • Favorite treat:
    Let me start off by saying, this "treat" isn't actually a treat at all. I have been promoting Quest bars frequently both on this blog and to friends. They are a great source of protein with little carbs, no sugars, and clean ingredients. I have been a loyal customer for months now, and then they went and took it to the next level with the new cookie dough flavor. Pop that bar in the microwave, or break into little balls and bake in the oven and it's transformed into a gooey, delicious cookie dough delight that disguises itself as a sweet tooth craving without any of the added guilt.

  • Favorite meal: To complement the bright colors of Spring, my favorite meal this month is rich in both color and nutrients. Tilapia is a body builder's best friend. It's a lean fish that's low in calorie. And even better- it's easy. My favorite recipe this month is a foil packed tilapia bake. I take one or two filets, wrap them in foil with lemon juice, herbs (thyme and rosemary work well) garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, capers, and whatever other vegetable I desire and bake at 425 for about 20 minutes. A simple low calorie dish that doesn't skimp on flavor.
  • Favorite beverage: It's all about the green tea. Double the bags up, brew, pour over ice, add some lemon wedges and you have a citrus, detoxifying, and metabolism boosting drink packed with antioxidants. It's a refreshing and great alternative to the hot coffee on these warmer mornings. Cancer fighting, weight loss promoting, and easy to drink? I'll take it. 
  • Favorite cocktail: This is where the work hard, play hard comes in big time. Alcohol is a no-no in the fitness world for it's empty calories and sugars. Not to mention alcohol itself provides literally no nutritional value. With that said, it's almost summer. I enjoy life, I am a baseball fan, and I am in my mid-20s. I like a drink or two. If i were to suggest a favorite cocktail I'd keep it simple with the vodka and club soda. Add a lemon or lime for the citrus and stick to an unflavored vodka to steer away from the extra sugars. I also love white wine in the summer. Add a few blueberries for extra flavor and superfood benefits.



No comments:

Post a Comment